_Instructional Improvement Officer
District 150 ~ Woodruff Career and Technical Center ~ Tim Delinski
_Stacy and Tim talk with Tim Delinski of District 150. He's the Instructional Improvement Officer. New this year for District 150 is Woodruff Career and Technical Center. It has classes in engineering, health sciences, electrical, construction and building trades and cosmetology.
Woodruff opened in 1937 replacing Kingman High School. (Kingman had formerly been named Averyville High School, prior to Peoria's annexation of Averyville in 1927. The school was
named after Edward Nelson Woodruff, who served as mayor of Peoria from 1903 to 1925.
The Woodruff campus was built at 1800 Northeast Perry Avenue; on what was called the North Side when the school was built, but is now in the northeast part of the city. Perry Avenue was removed in front of the school during expansion of the high school in the late 1970s, but the school's address was not changed.
On September 21, 2009, District 150 voted to close Woodruff High School, effective with the 2010-2011 school year. The vote was 4-3. Students were moved to the other three high schools in Peoria: Manual, Peoria (Central) or Richwoods.
Woodruff will reopen for the 2011-2012 school year as the Woodruff Career & Technical Center.