Metamora lies to the North East of Peoria. It was named Metamora in 1945. Metamora is a growing community with a population of 3,636 at the 2010 census. It is a village surrounded by prairie farms.
Metamora was the county seat in the later part of the 1800's. Abraham Lincoln and Adlai Stevenson practiced in the historic Metamora Courthouse. Lincoln had over 70 cases tried in the Metamora Courthouse. Built with locally kilned bricks and local cut trees. It remains as one of only 2 Illinois Circuit Courthouse buildings where Lincoln practiced.